We couldn't escape Christmas this week if we tried. Almost everything is holiday-themed this time of year. This weekend, the party's in Safety Harbor, where they are having both their Third Friday music series and their Annual Holiday Parade this weekend. Have fun!
1. Make holiday cards for free at the Safety Harbor Art & Music Center
Guess what today is? Yup, Free Art Friday. The Safety Harbor Art & Music Center (SHAMc) provides the supplies. All you need to bring is your creativity. In addition to making your own holiday cards, you can also decorate Christmas balls, make paper lanterns or paint rocks. Friday, 4-7 p.m.
2. Or join the ornament painting party at Practically Pikasso
Pick out an ornament at Practically Pikasso and paint it yourself Friday night, from 5-8 p.m. Your Mom will love it.
3. Find a spot by the gazebo - Shoeless Soul is playing 3rd Friday
Shoeless Soul is playing at Safety Harbor's Third Friday, and the theme is Victorian Holiday. Catch the band under the gazebo in John Wilson Park from 6-10 p.m. Plus, it's free.
4. Or settle down by the SHAMc stage for Between Bluffs
Gonna be a great night for local music. You know who else is playing at Third Friday? Between Bluffs, on the Safety Harbor Art & Music center stage, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
5. Join the rest of Safety Harbor at the Annual Safety Harbor Holiday Parade
It's the main event in Safety Harbor this weekend. They're parading down Main Street Saturday afternoon, from 1- 3 p.m. It's your typical small-town Christmas parade, which can be fun. Santa will be here too — such a busy guy. Now let's talk after-party.
6. Join the party at Harbor Bar
Party at Harbor Bar before, during, and after the parade. Saturday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
7. Travel over to Crooked Thumb for a free concert from Have Gun Will Travel
I don't think anyone really needs an excuse to go to Crooked Thumb Brewery, but I'm going to give you one anyway. Have Gun Will Travel plays there after the parade Saturday at 3 p.m. So enjoy a free concert with your beer. Fresh Mex Bowls will be there from 3-8 p.m., in case you get hungry.
8. Listen to more music and eat some fried green tomatoes at Whistle Stop.
So many after-party options...Whistle Stop Grill & Bar is another good option for dinner and music. Jack Poland will be there Saturday night, from 7:30-10:30 p.m., playing cover songs on his acoustic guitar.
9. Treat your pup to some ice cream at The Dog House of Safety Harbor
Did you bring your dog to the parade? No problem. There's an after-party option for you and your dog too. The Dog House of Safety Harbor is hosting a doggy ice cream social Saturday afternoon, from 12-4 p.m. If you don't have a dog, you can adopt a rescue dog from Pure Hearts here and then buy it ice cream.
10. Shop the Holiday Market on Main
The weekend's almost over and we haven't done any of our Christmas shopping. Or maybe that's just me, but if you're in the same boat, check out the Holiday Market on Main Street on Sunday, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.