The Plant City Balloon Festival returns Oct. 21 and 22 at the Strawberry Festival grounds and includes the Night Glow & Laser Show, (tethered) hot air balloon rides, live music, a kids zone and more.
Gates open at 5 p.m. each night and the festival is open until 10:30 p.m. Advance adults tickets are $22 and kids tickets are $10 – both with fees. Tickets at the gate are $30 for adults and $15 for kids.
There are also two-day passes available ($38 for adults; $16 for kids). Tethered hot air balloon rides are $25 per person.
Here’s what a ticket to the festival includes:
- Night Glow & Laser Show: All the balloons will light up in unison for a dancing light show set to music. The show happens twice each night of the festival (8 and 10 p.m.)
- Market with local vendors
- Roaming entertainers like magicians and jugglers
- Free parking
- Food vendors serving up festival style offerings
- A Kids Zone with rides and games
- Tethered hot air balloon rides ($25 per person)
It’s not recommended that you bring any pets as the noise from the balloons can upset them. Service animals are, of course, allowed.
Proceeds from the festival will benefit the Special Olympics.