Unless you’re some kind of #plandemic truther or non-mask wearing patriot, then you’ve probably got no plans to be out in public at a bar, movie theater or karaoke club anytime soon.The creators of Big Bounce America have a solution, and it’s called “The Parking Lot Social.”
Starting July 16, the grounds at Tampa’s Raymond James Stadium are hosting a drive-in event with four days of activities including movies, karaoke, trivia, comedy and DJ battles.
A press release from The Parking Lot Social's PR agency says the event can comfortably accommodate up to 250 cars at each of the events detailed below, but a rep for the Tampa Sports Authority (TSA), which runs Raymond James Stadium, told Creative Loafing Tampa Bay that the event has not finalized a contract with the TSA.
- Car-A-Oke A live band, two giant screens, and the star of the show… YOU! Sing loud and proud from the comfort of your car and come together in one mass, slightly out of tune, singalong.
- Headphone Disco DJ Battle Bringing the festival favorite to the parking lot, guests use wireless headphone technology to select their DJ of choice with some awesome battles scheduled.
- Boom Boom Bingo It’s not your grandma’s bingo! There will be numbers called, and prizes won but get ready for our unique, party twist on the theme. A high energy interpretation of the classic game.
- Themed Trivia Prove your trivia prowess as we test your knowledge on various subjects and themes while competing with the entire crowd for prizes. Download the app in advance and grab those prizes.
- Parking LOL Relieve some stress through the medicine of laughter, as a variety of stand-up acts will ensure endless LOLs in your car at this dedicated stand-alone event.
- Midnight Movies Friday & Saturday nights will offer patrons the opportunity of an extra session and enjoy the drive-in movie experience with Midnight Movies on The Parking Lot Social screens.
Audio will be transmitted directly from the stage to guests wearing custom wireless headphones provided by organizers. The release calls the stage setup “a blend of art and technology and consists of a fully covered stage, two 40ft. screens, a 52ft. tall rainbow-shooting fire hydrant and two, larger than life, inflatable ‘Parking Lot Social’ gorillas.”
If you’re not doing ‘shrooms at this thing, The Parking Lot Social will also host two dedicated family “Social Kids” events.
“Running through the day each Saturday and Sunday, these will feature all the same entertainment but adapted for a family audience,” the release adds. “There will be a strong ‘Parents v Kids’ theme running throughout the Social Kids events and a fun, safe day out for the entire family is guaranteed.”
UPDATED: 05/28/20 3:10 p.m. after a rep from Tampa Sports Authority called Creative Loafing Tampa Bay to say that the Parking Lot Social event has yet to finalize a contract for the party.
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you up to the minute news on how Coronavirus is affecting Tampa and surrounding areas. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.