I was quite happy with the results of this recipe: warm, soft, peanut buttery-banana goodness! I used 3 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter, but feel free to use more of it and even crunchy peanut butter, if you'd prefer. I smothered a piece straight out of the oven with strawberry jam for a take on the PB & B & J sandwich!
Why not bake some peanut butter-banana breakfast bread as a homemade gift for someone special? (Just make sure they don't have a peanut allergy first.)
Peanut Butter-Banana Bread
Adapted from this recipe for banana bread on Simply Recipes
(makes 1 large 4"x8" loaf or 8 mini loaves)
3 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
3 tablespoons (+) softened peanut butter (nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt (Kosher, if you have it)
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, peanut butter, and melted butter by hand or with a hand mixer on low speed.
2. Mix in the sugars, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda, salt, and spices over the mixture, then mix to combine.
3. Fold in the flour in 3 parts by hand. Do not over mix.
4. Pour mixture into a buttered loaf pan. If using a 4"x8" loaf pan, bake for about 1 hour. If using a mini loaf pan, bake for 25-30 minutes. When a toothpick inserted comes out clean, it's ready to go.
5. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing and slicing. Serve with some butter and maybe your favorite jam too!