Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (you could also substitute fresh basil if you want)
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
4 6-ounce chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 c. chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
1 avocado, peeled and chopped
1. Prepare grill to medium high heat.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish, toss and let sit 10 minutes. Remove from marinade but make sure plenty of cilantro adheres to the meat. Discard marinade. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Place chicken on grill and cook on each side around 5 minutes, depending on how thick the breasts are.
4. While chicken cooks, prepare salsa. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Toss gently to mix.
5. Serve immediately, spooning about 1/4 c. salsa over each chicken breast.