CL has complied our five favorite food and drink events into one nifty weekend guide. It should help you start 2019 just fine.
• Head to downtown Dunedin or Seminole Heights for 7venth Sun Brewery's 7venth Anniversary. Both taprooms have beer releases (think Moscow Mule-inspired brews), limited-edition T-shirts and appreciation days planned over four days. The celebration kicks off at noon Friday, running through midnight Monday. Check out the Facebook event page for more details. Free, money for beer. 1012 Broadway, Dunedin. 727-733-3013.
• Organically grown produce is yours for the taking at Keel & Curley Winery. From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, don't miss out on U-Pick items like two types of romaine and leaf lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, three types of kale, arugula, bell peppers, okra and mustard greens. Clippers and bags are provided. Free, money for goodies. 5210 Thonotosassa Road, Plant City. 813-752-9100.
• On Saturday, A Southern Style New Year celebrates the arrival of 2019 with a Hoppin' John dish of black-eyed peas and collard greens. Learn how to make it at home with Michelle Odiorne, the whole-food, plant-based chef who leads this Nature's Food Patch cooking class at 11 a.m. Come early, as seating is limited. Free.1225 Cleveland St., Clearwater. 727-443-6703.
• If you'd rather cheers to the new year with a liquid brunch buffet, hit up Shadracks for the Bloody Mary Garnish Bar. A trip through this cocktail dressing smorgasbord — where customers can keep it simple (or not) with olives, bacon, stuffed sausage, cheese, meatballs and all sorts of pickled goodness between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday — doesn't cost extra. But the beach bar does ask you to peruse the spread once per skewer to ensure everybody's able to give the garnishes a go. Free, money for drinks. 114 Eighth Ave., St. Pete Beach. 727-360-8279.
• You could also get brunch-drunk with Coppertail Brewing Co. The tasting room pours Micheladas, mimosas, Made Coffee and a coffee treatment on tap during Brunch, hosted every first Sunday of the month through June 2. Its on-site kitchen, S&V, keeps the buffet-style meal interesting with a rotating menu of grub from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Entry includes one drink. $35. 2601 E. Second Ave., Tampa. 813-247-1500.