The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck continues its 2021 east coast tour with a Feb. 13 stop at Westshore Plaza in Tampa.
Hello Kitty Cafe—which boasts “an expanded menu featuring a supercute selection of cookies, cakes, seasonal items and handmade hot and iced drinks”—debuted the first truck in 2014, which led to the Hello Kitty Cafe Pop-Up Container in 2016 and the Hello Kitty Mini Cafe. Other stops on this year’s East Coast tour include Atlanta, Virginia Beach, and D.C.
This weekend, fans of Sanrio’s cute feline can get a look at exclusive goodies and collectibles like canvas tote bags, hand decorated cookie sets, mugs, and apparel. The truck’s menu ranges $4-16 for food and $7-39 for merch.
A release outlines the safety and sanitation procedures in place for guests, which includes:
- Staff will be wearing masks and gloves inside of the Hello Kitty Cafe Truck
- Stanchions and social-distancing markers will be placed on the ground to encourage proper physical distancing for guests in line
- Counters will be wiped down with disinfectant every 30 minutes
- POS and payment readers will be wiped down every 30 minutes
- Hand sanitizer will be provided
- Contactless/cashless transactions (only credit/debit cards are accepted)
- Stay home if sick with a cough or fever
- Wear a face mask
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other customers and staff
- Clean hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer after contact with frequently touched surfaces
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you up to the minute news on how Coronavirus is affecting Tampa and surrounding areas. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.
Want to know everything going on with Tampa Bay's food and drink scene? Sign up for our Bites newsletter.