As the Columbia Restaurant approaches another insane milestone — celebrating its 115th anniversary — it is celebrating the classiest way possible with a five-course dinner complete featuring seven different wines. It sounds like a solid birthday bash.
Keep in mind this is just one, of a handful of events in the anniversary series. The Familia Torres all-inclusive dinner is going down on February 18 at 7 p.m. and will cost you $175 per person.
The Familia Torres winery is a major component of the Columbia's extensive Spanish wine list. Similar to the restaurant, Famillia Torres has a long lineage when it comes to vino, taking pride in the fact that there have been five generations of the Torres family dedicated to wine utilizing 100-year-old traditions of a family-run business.
During the anniversary celebration, winos can expect to swish around the following pours:
• Viña Esmeralda Rosé
• Torres Fransola 2017
• Torres Milmanda 2015
• Mas La Plana 2007
• Mas La Plana 2011
• Viña Real Reserva 2015
• Gran Murrales 2009 (featuring indigenous grape varietals once believed to be extinct, such as Garró and Querol)
If the booze isn't enough to peak your interest, here's the stacked five-course food menu:
- Cigarillos Rellenos: Chorizo with piquillo pepper, and goat cheese filling, phyllo dough, and smoked paprika aioli.
- Ensalad con Bouqerones: Crispy white anchovies, fresh blood oranges, roasted parsnips, arugula, cabrales crumbles, and passion fruit vinaigrette.
- Pato con Espinaca: Cured duck breast, charred figs, fennel shavings, serrano ham, baby spinach sauté, and spiced duck glace.
- Corderito con Arroz: Grilled marinated baby lamb chops, arroz cremoso, Spanish olive-mint tapenade, and manchego crisp.
- Dessert course: Your choice of pastel de chocolate, valencia ice cream, or a candied orange garni.
Just a heads up, this event is limited capacity, so if you're interested, better be snappy about a reservation. This five-course anniversary dinner is being held at the original location, 2117 E. 7th Ave. in Ybor.
To make a reservation for the five-course dinner, email [email protected] or call 813-248-4961.
Want to know everything going on with Tampa Bay's food and drink scene? Sign up for our Bites newsletter.