Coronavirus cases are surging in Florida, with local hospitals filling up with mostly unvaccinated folks. When you check out any of these shows happening in Tampa Bay over the next week, please respect venues’ mitigation protocols and stay home if you’re feeling sick. Wear a mask, regardless of vaxx status, too.
Thursday, Aug. 5
- Deicide w/Kataklysm/Internal Bleeding/Begat the Nephilim (Orpheum, Ybor City)
- Jay Electronica w/Asaru/Junkyrd (Crowbar, Ybor City)
- Rock the Park Tampa 11th anniversary: Kristopher James w/Perception & Katara (Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, Tampa)
Friday, Aug. 6
- Best Night Ever: A Jonas Brothers & One Direction Dance Party (Orpheum, Ybor City)
- BIA (Eden, Tampa)
- Freak the Disco (Edge Collective Market Place, St. Petersburg)
- Rough Dreams w/Kid You Not/Low Season/Shurwood (Lucky You Tattoo, St. Petersburg)
Saturday, Aug. 7
- Reggae Rum Fest: Jah Movement (The Jerk Hut, Tampa)
Sunday, Aug. 8
- Jeremy Gloff album release (Crowbar, Ybor City)
- Weedeater w/Joe Buck Yourself/Adam Faucett (Orpheum, Ybor City)
Thursday, Aug. 12
- Off With Their Heads w/Ben Roy/Wolf-Face (Crowbar, Ybor City)
Classic Albums Live: Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side Of The Moon. Friday, Aug. 6. $35 & up. Bilheimer Capitol Theatre, Clearwater.
The Easy Button (Album Release) w/Atomic Treehouse Friday, Aug. 6. 7 p.m. Free. Red Star Live, Tampa
Bryan J. Hughes:A Duke Ellington Celebration Saturday, Aug. 7. $25. Hough Hall at The Palladium Theater, St. Petersburg
Pusha Preme & the Wandering Assassins Sunday, Aug. 8, 2 p.m. No cover. Glass House Studio1919 W Waters Ave No. 107C, Tampa.
Snack Pop x Jim Beam Happy Hour: Ryan Cabrera (DJ set) Thursday, Aug, 12, 6 p.m. American Social, 601 S Harbour Island Blvd. No. 107, Tampa
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team works tirelessly to share music news, events and concert announcements as the Tampa Bay music scene recovers from coronavirus shutdowns. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.