State data from Tuesday showed that 8.6 million Floridians had at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine (other reports say 1 in 5 of your neighbors won’t get one). Locally, the Bay area added 1,135 cades and five deaths on Tuesday—with Pinellas and Hillsborough reported zero deaths. Still, local positivity rates (9% in Hillsborough, 6% in Pinellas) are above recommendations from the World Health Organization.
Still, the local concert scene is finding ways to try and stay on its feet, we’ve marked the gigs at venues that have joined a Tampa-based and city-recognized “Safe & Sound” initiative that pledges to strictly enforce limited capacity, mask wearing and social distancing—and tried our best to explain COVID-19 protocols at venues that not able to join Tampa’s “Safe & Sound” program.
Thursday, April 29
- Heightened Senses: Ari Chi w/Katara Trio (Labyrinth Studios, Tampa)
Friday, April 30
- The Best of Both Worlds Florida: Van Halen Sammy Hagar Tribute/The Ultimate Motley Crue Tribute (Jannus Live, St. Petersburg)
- Leon Majcen w/Taylor Raynor/Liam Bauman (Hooch and Hive, Tampa)
- Mansion Music Album Release Party: Psych Montano and Albert J. w/Mike Mass/Dennis Amadeus/Shevonne & the Force/Katara Trio/Bangarang (The Vault, Tampa)
Saturday, May 1
- Golf Clap w/Kyle Kinch (The Ritz, Ybor City)
- May Day Meltdown: Low Season w/Pretty Voices/The Inhalers/Human Error/Du Nuthings (Groovehaven Music, St. Petersburg)
- Shawn Mullins (Safety Harbor Arts and Music Center, Safety Harbor)
Sunday, May 2
- Acme Jazz Garage (Ella’s Americana Folk Art Cafe, Tampa)
Wednesday, May 5
- Florida Orchestra Coffee Concert: Classics Go Retro (Mahaffey Theater, St. Petersburg)
See a list of Tampa “Safe & Sound” live music venues here.
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you up to the minute news on how Coronavirus is affecting Tampa and surrounding areas. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.