With a high fat content and universal likeability, quiche defines Christmas morning decadence. You have the whole day to burn off the calories and it's hearty and satisfying enough to hold you over 'til dinner. The smoked salmon adds a little class and the dill a dash of earthy green.
Smoked Salmon and Dill Quiche
1 ½ c. heavy whipping cream
Dash salt, pepper
¾ c. chopped smoked salmon
2 T. chopped dill
1 refrigerated, prepared pie crust, like Pillsbury
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place dough in a deep dish pie pan and mold it to form the pan. Crimp sides with flat side of fork. Bake ten minutes. Allow to cool.
3. In a small bowl, beat eggs with whisk until fluffy. Add cream, salt, pepper and stir until combined.
4. Evenly sprinkle salmon and dill into the baked pie crust. Add egg mixture.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the quiche is firm and doesn't jiggle. It should be puffy and lightly browned.
* receipe adapted from Silver Palate Cookbook