Socially-distanced pods for up to 10 people, reduced capacity and strict rules will be in effect next weekend when Ybor City concert venue The Ritz brings concerts back for Labor Day festivities.
On Twitter, the venue—located at 1503. E. 7th Ave., just blocks away from the Cuban Club (which is somehow hosting an outdoor concert tomorrow)—shared photos of its floor setup which promoters say “follows all state, local and CDC guidelines.”
EDM producer Blunts & Blondes is set to provide the dinner theater entertainment, and by Friday afternoon a rep for The Ritz told Creative Loafing Tampa Bay that there was only one $300 pod left.
“It’ll probably be gone by the time your article is published,” he added.
Rules posted to social media say that The Ritz is operating at 25% capacity (the venue normally holds 1,114 for standing room events) and that the setup featuring VIP tables and general admission pods is how operations will go for the foreseeable future.
There are other restrictions, too.
- According to Sunset Events, the tables and pods will accommodate a maximum of 5-10 people; the only time guests may leave the pod is to go to the restroom or outside
- All guests must be 21 & up and will be required to take a temperature check.
- Guests must also wear masks at all times except when consuming food or drinks; they are allowed to stand at the table and pod.
- There is no bar service; a dedicated server will take orders for each pod and table
- There’s no re-entry and no smoking inside.
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you up to the minute news on how Coronavirus is affecting Tampa and surrounding areas. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.
Follow @cl_music on Twitter to get the most up-to-date music news, concert announcements and local tunes. Subscribe to our newsletter, and listen to us on WMNF 88.5-FM’s “Radio Reverb” program every Saturday from 4 p.m.-6 p.m.