1. USF Dance Professor Jeanne Travers and the USF Dance Troupe (pictured) premiere Dance Fuzion, a program of original choreographic works created by Travers and encompassing multicultural themes, images and world music. The program will be performed at several festivals and concerts in Tunisia, Africa, this July and August. Admission to this Friday evenings HCC-Ybor presentation is free.
2. Sample more than 150 microbrews from around the world, enjoy fun beer-related seminars and much more at the St. Petersburg Craft Beer Expo.
3. At this Saturdays Red Bull Flugtag flugtag being German for flying day 40 teams of five members each launch homemade, human-powered flying crafts off a 30-foot deck to see who can soar the farthest over the waters of Garrison Channel. See Creative Loafings team, The Breadwinners, compete with our very own (pressed) Cuban sandwich glider.
4. Col. Bruce Hampton brings his current outfit, The Quark Alliance, to Skippers Smokehouse; Blueground Undergrass with Rev. Jeff Mosier, provides support.
5. The TRA'shion Fashion Show features original designs by several area talents, among them, Blackbird & Raven, Kina Kouture, Taylor Adair, Chateau De Curb Gear and Katy Alderman.