1. Jacksonville indie darlings Black Kids (pictured below) bring their cheeky dance pop music to Crowbar this Sunday night. NYCs The Virgins and the Magic Wands of Nashville provide support. Sun., Sept. 21, 9 p.m., Crowbar, $15, all ages.
2. Tonights Art After Dark with Starbucks is Sound Effects, the first in a series of music-inspired exhibits. The Tampa Museum of Art event takes place from 8 to 11 p.m. at its interim location (2306 N. Howard Ave., Tampa, $10); the SpinOffs after-party is held at Romeo Gallery from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. (1515 E. Seventh Ave., Ybor City, $2).
3. Hat Trick Theatre opens its first production of the 2008-09 season, Neil Simons Rumors. Fri., Sept. 19, 8 p.m., Silver Meteor Gallery, Ybor City, $12-$14 general/$9 students and seniors.
4. Tampa Theatre stages its seventh annual boutique wine-tasting fundraiser, Vino Las Vegas. Guests enjoy samples by 20 wineries from around the world, tasty eats by area restaurants, and Las Vegas-style entertainment, including Elvis and Ann Margaret look-a-like contests. Sat., Sept. 20, 7-10 p.m., Tampa Theatre, $50-$95.
5. Top Chef: The Tour stops at the Ybor City Saturday Morning Market this weekend; Mayor Pam hops aboard the 18-wheel mobile kitchen for the first of three cooking demos by chefs Richard Blaise and Carlos Fernandez. Sat., Sept. 20, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. with demos at 10:30 a.m., noon and 1:30 p.m., Centennial Park-Ybor City, free admission.