1. Tonight marks the debut of Helios Jazz Orchestra, St. Pete Colleges new 18-member resident jazz ensemble. Singer Joanna Rose (pictured) provides the vocals for a big band concert of swing, Latin and bebop tunes like Too Close for Comfort, Sidewinder, Groove Merchant, Alright, Okay, You Win, and plenty of others. 7:30 p.m., SPC Music Center, $5 (free admission for SPC students and staff).
2. See Matt Lauer and Al Roker in the flesh when NBC broadcasts the Today Show live from the University of Tampa campus this morning, part of a series of election segments that look at the significant impact Virginia, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Florida will have on the upcoming presidential election. 7-11 a.m., Plant Hall east verandah and fountain areas at UT; spectators welcome.
3. Salvador Dali Museum hosts another Surreal Fashion Show to raise funds for its new facility. 11 a.m. reception, noon luncheon and live auction, St. Petersburg Yacht Club, $60.
4. Magadog percussionist/vocalist Ed Lowery celebrates his 40th birthday with a free show featuring Flat Stanley and others. 8 p.m., New World Brewery, free admission.
5. UT College Democrats and Hillsborough Young Dems host a screening of the documentary Recount, an HBO drama about the 2000 election. 8-11 p.m., Grand Salon-Plant Hall at University of Tampa, free.