Lots of sweat, heavy breathing, a final desperate surge to finish followed by the sweet release that leaves you in a euphoric state of bliss...
Everyone's doing it.
The youngin's are doing it,
old people are doing it.
You can do it alone or with a group.
Some people like to do it fast, while other's prefer it slow.
Heck even Hugh Heffner's doing it.
Yes everyone is doing it, everyone is Running. Gees, what did you think I was talking about? Perverts.
Although, while your minds are all in the gutter it does pose an interesting question: Is Running better than Sex? Numerous research studies have been preformed heralding the health benefits of running, this should come as no surprise, but did you also know that running can lead to having better sex? Take this article from Running Times for instance; "A Harvard University study found that athletes in their 40s and 60s had the same amount of sex as non-athletes 20 years younger. And it gets better. Men who run are better able to achieve and maintain an erection, and women who run have an easier time getting aroused and experience more intense orgasms. Anyone feel like a double?"
Canada.com reports running can make you a sex god. Seems our neighbors on top know a good thing when the see it.
But what else is so great about running that would make you choose an afternoon hill repeat over a steamy sack session you ask? Ever heard of Runner's High? To break it down for you, imagine that euphoric feeling you get after a good roll in the hay when you're looped up in La-la-land and 50% more likely to utter the words "I love you too" without thinking about the resulting consequences of such a statement. Following me here? Well imagine feeling like that for an extended period of time. Imagine if you will, feeling like that during and long after the deed has been done. Can you handle it? If you were a runner you could.
So let's lay it out here:
- Running doesn't get you pregnant or give you STD's
- Running gives you the same if not better and longer lasting endorphin rush of a climax
- Running helps you loose weight and get in shape which causes you to feel sexy therefore increasing your chances of getting some
- You can run just about anywhere at anytime and not get in trouble for exhibitionism (unless you run in the nude, which is generally frowned upon in most places)
- Running boosts your libido
- After running you only have to deal with your own sweat
- Eye candy... all the shirtless men & sports bra clad women you can handle
So is running better than sex? Maybe. Maybe not. It depends on who you're asking, but there's no denying that if you run you're going to have better sex so what are you waiting for? Get out there and RUN!