Tampa Bay woke up to some serious “winter-like” temperatures this morning, which means we now get the rare and exciting opportunity to wear a real jacket over the next few days.
While Tuesday morning temps dipped into the upper-30s across the Nature Coast and into the low-to-mid 40s across in the Tampa Bay region, the coldest air isn’t expected to arrive until Wednesday, and that’s when it’s “big jacket time.”
According to the National Weather Service, temperatures could dip below freezing across much of the Nature Coast, with the possibility of “patchy frost.” Hillsborough County can expect temps near 38 degrees, while Pinellas County should hit a low of 42.
But now that you finally have a jacket on, here’s a few other subtle, but important, things you'll be able to enjoy over the next couple days:
- Notice how quiet your car is now that the A/C is turned off.
- Experience the convenience of extra pockets that only a jacket provides.
- Go ahead, use the word "Brisk" without sounding like a total turd.
- Try holding a hot mug to warm your hands like the true Northerner you once were.
- Sing “Jacket Time” to the tune of “Business Time” from the Flight of the Conchords.
- Pay attention to the absolute disgust from your friends or family members living in cities like Chicago or Detroit, as you tell them it’s a freezing 49 degrees right now.
- Get out of small tasks around the house by saying “Sorry, can’t do anything with these mittens on.”
Go for it, Tampa Bay. It’s jacket time.
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you up to the minute news on how Coronavirus is affecting Tampa and surrounding areas. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.