Election Day in Tampa; Pinellas County, you get your turn next week:
- Another newspaper writer suspended for plagiarism. What's most interesting about this is buried deeper in the story, the fact that there is a subscription service for NFL beat writers to share notes and ideas among themselves. How cozy. Reminds me of the scene in the USA vs. Al-Arian documentary that lingers over a gaggle of local reporters comparing quotes from Judge Moody after he sentenced Sami Al-Arian, to make sure everyone had the exact same verbiage. Just fodder for the media collusion conspiracy theorists out there.
- Speaking of Sami, his family members are stars in Norway.
- The State of Sunshine's analysis of the Tampa elections.
- Mitt en Espanol.
- Now here's a story that deserves to be back on the front pages.
- Seriously, though, here is the story that has the most potential â long legs on this one.