Save trees, water and energy by removing your name (or former employees names) from unwanted mailing lists, catalogs and credit card offers!
- Whenever you receive an unwanted catalog, simply call the company and ask to be removed from their mailing list.
- DirectMail.com provides a free and quick way to get your name off commercial mailing lists.
- OptOutPrescreen.com allows you to opt out of pre-approved credit card and insurance offers online or 1-888-5-OPTOUT.
- CatalogChoice.org is a nonprofit organization that removes your name from specific catalog lists.
- Tonic Mailstopper (formerly GreenDimes) is a private company that charges to remove names from mailing lists.
- New American Dream provides information on reducing junk mail and ways to ask Congress for a national "Do Not Junk registry".
- Make sure you recycle all other unwanted mail/telephone directories.
For more tips or to learn more about sustainability at St Petersburg College, visit www.spcollege.edu/sustainability
"name": "Ad - NativeInline - Injected",
"name": "Real 1 Player (r2) - Inline",
Do you receive way too much junk mail? Here are some tips to lighten your junk mail load:
- Every year, each of us receives almost 560 pieces of junk mail, accounting for 43% of all delivered mail!
- Every year, the US EPA estimates 44% of junk mail isnt even opened, creating four tons of waste!
- Every year, junk mail uses as much energy as almost three million cars!
- Every year, junk mail consumes 100 million trees or approximately 550,000 tons of paper!
- Every year in the US, households receive 540 million unsolicited phonebooks creating an additional 650,000 tons of trash.
- Every week, we typically receive 1.5 personal letters and 11 pieces of junk mail!
- Every day, 250,000 homes could be heated from a single day's accumulated junk mail!
Be part of the solution