Loyal readers, I'm off next week. Please don't send letters demanding my return; I assure you I will be back handling the daily Short List by the end of the month. In my stead, Editorial Assistant Dawn Morgan will be filling in, compiling all the news links you need to read. Have a good week, people!
- Top commanders in Iraq say they won't be done killing all the insurgents by September, and are telling congress they need more time/dead American soldiers to get the job done.
- Woo Hoo! The sexy side of Sen. Hillary Clinton.
- John Lovitz kicks the shit out of Andy Dick. No, I mean it. âJon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of Andyâs nose.â Go Lovitz! You fight for us all.
- Hard liquor will be available to everyone at Bucs home games this season. Time to install a jail in Ray Jay's basement?
- Canadian scientists develop a computer that can't be beaten at checkers. Humans remain dominant at badminton, however.
- Google: Coming soon to a television near you?
- Best lede of the day: "For women in TV news land, happy endings are hard to negotiate." Perhaps if they try a different masseuse â¦
- Shameless Plug: Loaf freelance shutterbug Val Troyano has launched a new photography website, complete with lots of great concert photos. Check it out.