Ding dong the witch is dead! (No, not Merv.)
- Karl Rove resigns, only about six and a half years too late.
- Tiger wins his 13th major, further solidifying himself as the greatest athlete of his generation.
- Tiny story from the St. Pete Times: It looks like the Republican YouTube debate in St. Pete is back on, now scheduled for November 28th. That snowman is already hard at work on his questions.
- The U.S. slips to 42nd in a ranking of life expectancy, despite spending the most of any nation on health care. Washington yawns. Now picture this: It's the year 2020. The U.S. has slipped to 42nd place in a ranking of military might. How might the pols in Washington react then?
- There are more pressing needs in the U.S. than health care. For example, since 2003 the Department of Homeland Security has spent $23 billion on surveillance cameras to better watch you walk down the street.
- Fox News leaves out Ron Paul and Tom Tancredo from their Iowa Straw Poll results, despite mentioning those who finished behind them.
- TBO.com's wrap-up of the quotable post-game Gruden.
- R.I.P. Merv Griffin.