Today we celebrate tomorrow's celebration of our independence!
- Welcome to America, the land where we throw ditzy blonde socialites in the slammer for driving on a suspended license, but allow to remain free those who lie under oath, obstruct justice and guarantee the public will never know the true machinations of the Bush Administration in selling the death-fest in Iraq.
- London bombing suspects: Didn't these guys ever hear of the Hippocratic oath?
- Insurance companies try to react to SiCKO without actually reacting to SiCKO. It's a fine line â¦
- And the award for outstanding achievement in a lede graph goes to silive.com for this gem: "STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. â Police say they've collared the man they believe administered a fatal beating to a peacock because he thought it was a vampire."
- Allofmp3.com, the Russian music download site that charged pennies for access to thousands of tunes, has been closed down by the Russian government. Of course, this being Russia, a new site (mp3sparks.com) from the same owners offering the same thing has already popped up and is considered "legal."
- Attention women: Please stop beating your domestic partners.
- Real Estate Opportunity: A grand castle perched on a cliff near Brasov, Romania. Built in the 14th century but refurbished in the 80s, this castle seeks a new tenant. Just don't disturb the gentleman sleeping in the coffin in the basement.
- Heard about Fox turning a bunch of 7-Eleven stores into Quik-E-Marts to hype the new Simpsons flick? Good news: There's one in Orlando.