An now today's forecast from the Creative Loafing weather center: Hot.
- Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts is wound so tight his head almost exploded! Take a deep breath, Johnny Boy. Rule in favor of someone other than religious nutbags and super-conglomerates every once in a while. It does the body good.
- As the housing market wheezes, the dollar collapses and the national debt skyrockets, American consumer confidence hits a 6 year high. Ignorance = bliss.
- Strange tales from the "Dead Zone."
- Progress Energy may owe you a refund.
- Speaking of electric, congress basks in the irradiated glow of having solved our energy woes: A multi-billion dollar handout to the nuclear power industry.
- Pope Benedict gets on board with the Theory of Evolution. Leading scientists now considering whether or not to abandon the theory.
- Led Zeppelin limps onto iTunes with a 12-track collection of greatest hits. Kind of like getting just a little bit pregnant.
- Checking in with Bucs training camp: Is Chris Simms "struggling with symptoms of irregular proprioception," and what the hell is that anyway?