Hurricane Ike leaves thousands of morons who decided to stay behind in need of rescue after the storm devastated the Texas coast over the weekend.
- The weekend that humbled Lehman Bros. and Merrill Lynch.
- The Money Race: Obama raises $66 million in August. McCain takes in $47 million.
- A.G. Bill McCollum to end new Seminole casino gaming after Crist's pact with the tribe goes up in flames.
- Republican dirty tricks in Wisconsin?
- Saturday Night Live returns with its highest-rated premiere since 2001 and its highest-rated episode since Al Gore and Phish appeared in December 2002. (Since Wordpress hates Hulu, get the Tina-Fey-as-Sarah-Palin skit here.)
- The Coen Brothers' latest tops the box office.