The old legalized-gambling debate has been reignited thanks to Gov. Charlie Crist's desperate plan to solve our economic woes with "enhancements" to the Florida Lottery. The gov promised not to play this card when he campaigned in 2006 and is now getting blasted by fellow GOPers such as his predecessor, Jeb Bush, who likens gambling to a "narcotic." Will more lotto options lead to widespread scratchoff addiction? Save the economy? Or have absolutely no effect on most of our lives? It's a hot-button issue, folks, one that deserves a soundtrack.
Top 10: Lottery songs
1. "The Lottery Song," Harry Nilsson
2. "Rags to Riches," Tony Bennett
3. "The Magic Number," De La Soul
4. "Money for Nothing," Dire Straits
5. "Money Changes Everything," Cyndi Lauper
6. "Feel Like a Number," Bob Seger
7. "With a Little Luck," Paul McCartney
8. "Jackpot," The Derailers
9. "Golden Ticket," Manchester Orchestra
10. "Born to Lose," Ray Charles
What did I miss?