My latest Bar Tab â "World of Hurt: beer is no match for hot sauce" â chronicles the cruel deed I did the other night to Creative Loafing Street Team leader Alfie (dude with the sleeveless shirt interviewing me in the video).
Notice how Alfie calls me an asshole after I walk off camera. I did not know this before I tricked him into gulping down the hottest hot sauce I have ever tasted. Had I known about his little aside, he would have never been handed my beer to help extinguish the flames. Anyway, this list goes out to my buddy Alfie, my lil' sister Alli, my ex girlfriend Mary and the numerous other people I have done cruel shit to over the years.
Top 10: Songs about Cruelty
1. "Don't Be Cruel," Elvis Presley
2. "Cruel to Be Kind," Nick Lowe
3. "So Cruel," U2
4. "High on Cruel," Neko Case
5. "When I Was Cruel No. 2," Elvis Costello
6. "Cruel Moon," Buddy Miller
7. "Cruel," Tori Amos
8. "Goodbye, Cruel Girl," Robbie Folks
9. "Cruel and Gentle Things," Charlie Sexton
10. "The Cruel Sea," The Venturas
"Jerk," The Buzzcocks
"Bitch," The Rolling Stones
"Asshole," Jim Dickinson
WHAT DID I MISS?