Going to the parade, concerts, parties or anything connected to Gasparilla? Have a Twitter account? Then you are all set to join CL's Parade of Tweeters, covering all the festivities of Tampa Bay's pre-eminent annual buccaneer bacchanalia for those of us who ar going to be stuck at work or at home in front of our laptops.
- Sign up for a free Twitter account (or use your existing account).
- Have a blast at Gasparilla on Saturday and/or in the days leading up to the pirate invasion.
- Send us a tweet when you see something interesting, funny, stupid, naked, comment-worthy, etc. Just use your telephone's txt messaging capability to send a tweet, using Twitter's 140-character limit. (You can also submit tweets via your computer if you are at a party or on the Bayshore with wireless access.)
- Make sure you include the hashtag #gasparilla in your txt msg. For example: "Holy beads! I just saw Gayle Guyardo! #gasparilla"
- Hit send on your cell phone. Your tweet will automatically appear on our Gasparilla page, cltampa.com/gasparilla, along with the rest of the CL Parade of Tweeters' info and photos from the frivolity.
- As if that wasn't enough for your 15 Minutes of Fame, we'll take the best and run them in our print edition the week after Gasparilla. And we'll chose the very best to receive a free meal, from our Eats or Bites programs in the CL Deals section.
- And while you're in Twitter online, be sure to follow PoHo for political news tweets and cl_tampa for all our Creative Loafing breaking news in arts, music, food and the rest.