Race participants must pre-register by Friday, March 4th, at 9 a.m. on the Tampa Bay Cycle website. The first 80 to register will receive a WeCar t-shirt or a WYBAC t-shirt that can be picked up on event day.
The Amazing Race details:
- Teams of two ride bicycles to solve clues leading to checkpoints on campus
- Self photos taken of team showing checkpoint
- Each team must bring either a digital camera or camera phone to take checkpoint photos
- First teams back with correct check points win grand prizes, everyone receives recognition, certificate and other prizes
- Teams must stay together and photos from only one cell phone/camera will be allowed and taken in order of checkpoint list
- Teams must cross finish line with bicycle, walking bicycle during event is allowed, bicycle must remain with participant throughout race
- Phone-a-friends to help solve clues are allowed at any time during the race
- Information booths include WeCar, WalkWise Tampa Bay, Wellness Education & Promotion, Tampa BayCycle, Bicycle Club at USF , USF Police Bicycle Registration and more
- The race is open to anyone over the age of 18 who would like to join the fun; you do not need to be affiliated with USF to enter and participate
Saturday, March 5. Safety Fair: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. For more information, call USF Wellness Education & Promotion (formerly Wellness USF) at 813-974-4936, or email Julie Bond at [email protected]. www.TampaBayCycle.com.
University of South Florida Campus Recreation Center: 4202 E Fowler Ave, Tampa.
Image via Tampa Bay Cycle.