A weekend events guide to where we think you should spend your time with food and drink.
• On Friday, The Hall on Franklin founder Jamal Wilson serves as Chef for a Day. You can find Wilson cooking in the Fork & Hen kitchen from noon to 8 p.m., and if he makes it through a whole shift, he gets to dream up his own menu for a week. Go order somethin'. Free, money for food and drinks. 1701 N. Franklin St., Tampa. 813-405-4008.
• Tampa Bay Beer Week, which kicks off Saturday, lasts for more than a week. But this annual celebration of the Bay area craft beer community needs no introduction. Beer buffs locally and beyond are well aware of what awaits — and it's most awesome. Deciding which festivals and bottle releases and dinners to hit up is quite the challenge, because the participating brewers, distributors and vendors have so much in store, and that just might be the best part. A full schedule of events is live online, so plan accordingly. Various locations, Tampa Bay.
• Also on Saturday, 20 Shekels Bread leads its latest class, Sprouted Quick Breads, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. You learn how to nail recipes for goodies like cakes and cookies using organic sprouted flour. Tickets are available online. $75. 1881 Drew St., Clearwater. 727-279-5415.
• St. Pete Pride mixes food, art and beer during Saturday's Taste of Pride. Hosted at the historic Coliseum from 7 to 10 p.m., the sampling sesh is designed to highlight something for everyone, offering bites that range from prime rib and oysters to fondue and shepherd's pie. Live entertainment accompanies the local art showcase. Purchase advanced tickets online, because there might not be any the day of. $45. 535 Fourth Ave. N., St. Petersburg.
• Drink specials, food trucks and liquor tastings are highlights of the 4 Year Anniversary Party for Red Star Rock Bar. Live tunes are in store beginning at 2 p.m., too, as are raffles and silent auctions. Free, money for food and drinks. 5210 N. Florida Ave., Tampa. 813-237-0012.
Want to know everything going on with Tampa Bay's food and drink scene? Sign up for our Bites newsletter.