Pearl Jam; courtesy PearlJam.com.
1. Pearl Jam plays the St. Pete Times Forum.
2. Creative Loafing launches Restaurant Week, a celebration of the Bay area culinary scene with special Prix fixe menus put together for the occasion. Todays featured restaurant is: Pacific Wave.
3. Comedian Doug Benson (Last Comic Standing 5, The Marijuana-logues, Best Week Ever) kicks off a four-night (seven-show) run of stand-up at the Tampa Improv in support of his new DVD, Super High Me.
4. Tampa Bay Area Regional Transportation Authority hosts a live web conference at 1 p.m. The public is invited to join the conference and see TBARTA board members figure out where new road and transit corridors may go in Tampa Bay, a possibly controversial process given how some activists believe that it will lead to new roads in rural areas and further sprawl.
5. USF presents its second annual International Jazz Composers Symposium, three-days worth of workshops, panel discussions and evening performances.