In a Monday afternoon press conference, event organizers, alongside Mayor Rick Kriseman, detailed the 2021 edition of St. Petersburg Pride.
And while there’s no parade on the tentative 2021 St. Pete Pride schedule, the itinerary does include a full month of events including a kickoff at Sirata, a 5K, pride event at Vinoy Park, a week-long Taste of PrideFest, fireworks and more.
A press release says the pride month includes themes for each of the four weeks in June, “with a signature, albeit scaled down event each weekend and community events presented by partners in different parts of the community throughout the remainder of the month.”
“The goal being to still give the local LGBTQIA+ community the opportunity to gather, educate and celebrate but also ensure safety and wellness in the face of COVID-19,” the release added.
To help address concerns about the ongoing pandemic which shut down pride parades across the Bay area, most of the 2021 St. Pete Pride events are ticketed affairs. Tickets go on sale Saturday, May 1. More information is supposed to be available on stpetepride.com.
The St. Pete Pride 2021 news comes after Tampa Pride announced that its in-person pride parade would happen on Seventh Avenue in in Ybor City on May 22 as part of a day-long celebration that includes entertainment at the Cuban Club.
See the schedule and St. Pete Pride’s 2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion statement below.
Tentative 2021 St. Pete Pride Schedule
- Tuesday, June 1 Official Pride Flag Raising at St. Petersburg City Hall, 10 a.m.
- Thursday, June 3 PrideFest Kickoff Reception at Sirata Resort, 3 p.m.
- Sunday, June 5 Pride OUTside at Vinoy Park, 6 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Sunday, June 5 Pride Run St Pete 5K and Diva Dash at Vinoy Park, 7 a.m.
- Saturday, June 12 We Are Family at St. Pete Pier, North Straub Park, South Straub Park 11 a.m.
- Friday, June 18 Stonewall VIP Reception at The James Museum of Western & Wildlife Art
- Saturday, June 19 Arts + Qulture at The Factory, 11 a.m.
- Thursday, June 24-Wednesday, June 30 Taste of PrideFest Various restaurants
- Tuesday, June 29 Pride Picnic & Fireworks at North Straub Park, South Straub Park
St. Pete Pride was created out of a desire to ensure a safe space for all people of the LGBTQIA+ community of Tampa Bay to celebrate unity and the many things that make us similar. As we move forward into a bright new future, we do so purposefully and with intention to not just embrace those similarities but welcome, celebrate and promote respect for the many intersections of the human experience. We value and respect diversity in its many forms: race, ethnicity, ability, class, faith, age, gender identity, sexual orientation and experience. We honor the visible and invisible qualities that make each of us who we are. We center Black, Brown and Trans voices that so often go unheard because we know Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are the ultimate acts of PRIDE.
Support local journalism in these crazy days. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you up to the minute news on how Coronavirus is affecting Tampa and surrounding areas. Please consider making a one time or monthly donation to help support our staff. Every little bit helps.
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow @cl_tampabay on Twitter