The new Indiana Jones flick is finally in theaters, with die-hard Raiders fans now choking down overpriced popcorn and enjoying the event movie of the summer. While reviews have been mixed, enough people will love the movie for Lucas and Spielberg to have their offices flooded by a bonanza of ancillary tie-in cash. Here's some of my favorites mementos from the Indiana Jones Shop:
- Animals love to wear people clothes. Now, you can dress your puppy to look like everyone's favorite archaeologist with the Indiana Jones Pet Costume. Just don't get freaked out by the little arms. Only $14.99!
- "An archaeologist and treasure hunter, Indiana Jones can't resist the chase for a rare artifact. One such quest found Indy, along with Sallah and Marion Ravenwood, out to find the Ark of the Covenant. Stands 7.5 inches tall. Comes with a hand-numbered Certificate of Authenticity. Limited Edition run TBD." Only $49.99!
- What could be cooler and more distinctive than wearing this "Snakes, Skulls, and Rock 'n Roll" hoodie? Nothing, that's what. Only $39.99!
- Can't figure out how to make a real whip do its thing? No worries, mate! Just pick up the Indiana Jones Sound FX Whip, and leave all that cracking to technology. Only $27.99!
And finally, not from the Indy store:
- Keep up with the Jones by finding a treasure chest filled with loot all our very own. Discover the Florida Lottery's new Indiana Jones scratch-off game, because a gambling addiction has never helped so many kids get an education. Only $5!